You can download PortAudio source code in a single archive file below. It contains the complete code for all supported platforms, eg. Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, etc.
This is the most current and stable release from the Git repository on October 30, 2016, git commit 396fe4b6699ae929d3a685b3ef8a7e97396139a4.
- Release Notes
- pa_stable_v190600_20161030.tgz <== You probably want this!!
- pa_stable_doxydocs_20161030.tgz , latest user documentation (Doxygen)
Older Stable Releases
- pa_stable_v19_20140130.tgz was released January 30, 2014, SVN rev 1919
- pa_stable_v19_20111121.tgz was released, November 21, 2011, SVN rev 1788
- pa_stable_v19_20110326.tgz was released March 26, 2011
- pa_stable_v19_20071207.tar.gz was released December 7, 2007
- portaudio_v18_1.zip is old V18 posted 6/30/03
Daily Snapshots from the Git Repository
The daily snapshots are the latest, up-to-the-minute, V19 code pulled from the Git repository. Use these if you need the latest bug fix, and are also willing to risk getting the latest bug.
The revised and enhanced V19 version of the PortAudio API. See this page for information about the changes that have been made to the API, and the implementation status of V19 on various platforms.
- pa_snapshot.tgz created Monday, 16-Jul-2018 01:23:05 UTC
- pa_previous_snapshot.tgz created Sunday, 15-Jul-2018 01:23:05 UTC
- pa_v19_doxydocs.tgz - Doxygen autodocs for users created Monday, 16-Jul-2018 01:23:08 UTC
- pa_v19_doxydocs_dev.tgz - docs for "internal developers" created Monday, 16-Jul-2018 01:23:08 UTC
V18 with partially tested bug fixes, original PortAudio API. Very old.
- pa_snapshot_v18.tgz created Friday, 27-Jan-2012 05:38:02 UTC
- pa_previous_snapshot_v18.tgz created Thursday, 26-Jan-2012 05:38:01 UTC