If you have suggestions or questions, please write to the PortAudio email list. Sign up at:
The PA list is only for discussing design and implementation of PortAudio and support issues directly related to the use of PortAudio. For a discussion of audio synthesis and DSP techniques, please join the music-dsp list. Also see this DSP links page.
Also don't forget to look in the tutorial for help compiling and using PortAudio.
If you find bugs in one of these implementations, or have suggestions or questions, please check the existing bug list here. If it is a new bug, please file a ticket or e-mail a report to the list. When reporting a bug, or asking questions, please include the following information:
- How can we reproduce the problem?
- What did you expect to happen?
- What actually happened?
- Were there any error messages?
- Did you hear a strange sound? What frequency? Random? During loud parts?
- What implementation are you using? WMME, DirectSound, ASIO, etc.
- What OS are you using? Win7 64-bit, Mac OS 10.6.3, Ubuntu Linux , etc.
- What audio device are you using? PreSonus Firebox, MOTU408, etc.
If you make improvements to the library, please send them to us so we can incorporate the improvements.